Here are the current yoga specials I’ve seen this week. If you find any others, please take a moment to share and leave a comment or post to our Annapolis Yoga Wall.
- Golden Heart Yoga is still offering their $50 special for one month’s unlimited yoga classes. Considering their normal drop-in rate is $15-$20 a class, a great way to try out their studio.
- Shakti Studio is offering a special this week to the Annapolis Reiki community. Register for 2 classes at $7.50 per class – a 50% discount. If you come in today, you might want to start with the 9:30 Intro to Yoga Class taught by Gretchen. Even though titled Intro to Yoga, I’d recommend it for both beginner and intermediate yogis. I try to take it at least once a month as Gretchen is one of my favorite instructors in the area and really does a good job with the class.
Free Yoga Classes
lululemon Annapolis is offering two free Yoga classes this weekend…
- Saturday: 11:00 am at South River Fitness. No need to pre-register, just tell the front desk staff that you are there for the lululemon Yoga class.
- Sunday: 8:00 am at City Dock, Annapolis – part of their Underground Yoga series – where they sponsor a class at a different location each week. Classes are led by Lifeline Power Yoga Instructors. City Dock is a beautiful location to practice Yoga and is where they held the first one earlier this summer which I attended. It was a fun class and everyone was excited to be there. I’d describe the class I took as ‘power flow’ with a focus on guided breath during parts of the class.
Community Yoga Classes
- Friday: 6:00 pm, Evolutions Body Clinic in Annapolis is offering a $6 discounted (normally $17) all levels flow yoga class. Pre-registration not required, just arrive a few minutes early and pay at the front desk.
Other Yoga News / Updates
I’ve been a huge fan of Yoga Nidra since I first took a class earlier this year. One of the things I like about it is that it can be easily practiced at home after the initial class. Classes are not taught very often, so I wanted to mention that Chris Kelley from Blue Pearl Yoga is offering a 2 hour Yoga Nidra workshopat Shakti, July 24th. Beginner’s welcome.
I’ve been fortunate to take a number of classes with Chris. She’s an excellent instructor with a great sense of humor. Her classes are a lot of fun and she has a very dedicated following, so it might be a good idea to pre-register early for this one.
Interested in more Annapolis Yoga events and free/discounted classes offered by local Yoga studios?
- ‘Like Us’ on Facebook at http://Facebook.com/AnnapolisYoga to get newsfeed updates the second we post them.
- Not on Facebook? Visit our site at www.AnnapolisYoga.me
- Or follow us on Twitter at: http://www.Twitter.com/AnnapolisYoga
Thanks and Namaste.