Was just looking at what’s been submitted to the Annapolis Yoga Calendar for the weekend, and there sure is a lot going on! Everything from free yoga classes, classes for those new to yoga, an introduction to Kundaini Yoga workshop – and even a combination donation based yoga / wine event and a yogic weight management workshop.
Here’s a quick overview… More details on each event, including full descriptions, costs, links to flyers and web pages and more at AnnapolisYogaCalendar.com – just click on the event you are interested in.
Free/donation based classes.
- Update: Event Cancelled –
Wine and Wellness event at Crush Wine House. Donation based yoga class led by Julie Blamphin. Class will incorporate gentle stretching then a power practice of strong flow. Before the class, fitness professional Lauri Petroy will talk about weight management & wellness supplements. As the web site says, after class ‘it’s time for wine’. Owner Bob Laggini will be at hand offering discounts on select bottles. A part of the proceeds will go to Kidspeace Foster Care.
- Saturday 9:00am – 10:00am in-store yoga at Lululemon Annapolis – Instructor Alicia Sweeney
- Saturday 1:00pm – 2:30pm at Charm City Yoga – sponsored by Lululemon Annapolis, the instructor will be Jessica Crowley teaching a free all levels Vinyasa class
- Saturday 6:15 – 7:30 PM, Free Yoga for Veterans in Towson. Free class offered any military veterans, active duty or first responders. The class is a vinyasa style class with emphasis on pranayama, asana and relaxation.
- Saturday 9:00am – 10:00am, Introduction to Kundalini Yoga with Eric Brown at Crofton Yoga. Kundalini Yoga is the yoga of awareness and energy. In this workshop the basics of yoga philosophy, mantras (chanting), pranayama (breath control), mudras (hand gestures), bandha (body locks), asana (body postures), and meditation will be covered.
- Saturday 2:00pm – 3:30pm, Introduction to Yoga at Prana Studio. Part of a six-week session exploring the foundations of yoga including basic poses and breathing techniques to calm your mind and energize your body.
- Sunday 1:00pm – 4:00pm, Ayurveda 101 Workshop on Weight Management via simple Ayurvedic / yogic practices. Shakti Studio
Annapolis Yoga Studios: Submit your discounted community yoga classes or workshops to AnnapolisYogaCalendar.com here.
Interested in more Annapolis Yoga events, specials and free/discounted classes offered by local Yoga studios?
- ‘Like Us’ on Facebook at http://Facebook.com/AnnapolisYoga to get newsfeed updates the second we post them.
- Not on Facebook? We are also on Twitter at: http://www.Twitter.com/AnnapolisYoga
- New: Interested in meeting up and practicing Yoga with similar minded Yogis at different studios and locations (and receiving special group yoga discounts and perks)? Join the new Annapolis Yoga Meetup Group